How successful is your business if no one can access your site online? With the help of SEO’s proven strategies, you can organically reach ideal customers. Using marketing strategies and SEO content play a significant role in getting organic traffic to your website.
Getting the ideal customers to site’s content is the uppermost effort of site owners. Although getting more traffic is exciting, driving right the audience is more important than numbers.
For example, if your site gets 1000 hits per day, but only 50 of them use your products and services, your time is wasted attracting those wrong customers to the site. Finding and converting the right audience is the secret sauce of a site’s success.
SEO helps you grow your business online – organically. With SEO tactics, the goal is to rank higher in search engines. In this way, prospects, clients, and ideal customers can reach your products and services – helps you increase conversions. The challenging part is – how to grow your online presence so that, the ideal customers can reach your business revenue streams.
Excited to proceed and know the secret sauce? Let’s address more detail.
Table of Contents
- Step 1. Finding Content ideas that attract customers
- 1.1. Start with your sales funnel and current customers
- 1.2. Snoop on the competition
- 1.3. Use keyword research techniques
- 1.4. Use online research tools
- 1.5. Use your website
- 1.6. Social Listening
- 1.6.1. Social Listening Tips
- Step 2. Organizing your ideas and brainstorming tips
- Step 3. Decide what type of content you’ll create
- Step 4. Create helpful content
- Step 5. Make sure your content is optimized to drive organic traffic
Step 1. Finding Content Ideas that Attract Customers
1.1. Start with your sales funnel and current customers
- Research frequently asked questions on Search Engines. What questions and ideas cross your mind all the time? Finding such content ideas may be easier than you imagine, once you’ve asked your audience for suggestions. It helps you to keep them engaged with the content and use your marketing techniques to transform them into action-takers. For example, searching for a seed keyword on Google lists relevant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Brainstorm the questions you get asked and note them down. There’s a reason behind people asking those questions when they read your content. Like, How do I follow a particular blueprint? What should you consider when hiring a digital marketer? We can create content around such topics people are searching for on Google. Compile a list of questions from Google’s People Also Ask section – that people are asking in a specific niche.
- Be aware of customers’ FAQs: If you don’t understand what a prospect needs to know before hiring you, you’re probably missing the backbone of content. Find out what questions your audience has when buying products or hiring your service. There may be some related content concepts, ideas, and strategies.
- Now, think about how your consumer could facilitates from your product or service. For a movement, place yourself instead of your audience, and think about what they need from you and what resources you’ll provide. Once you understand they way your customers interacting with your products and services, you can figure out mostly demanded ideas of customers.
For instance, you developed a Car Racing Game and we saw a lot of people asking for video tutorial and tips to boost car and beat their opponents. They wanted various techniques and strategies, so you can set out videos and publish it on social media. This will help you increase your target customers and fulfil their need.
1.2. Snoop on the Competition
Doing Competitors Analysis provides you invaluable insights into what works and what doesn’t, as well as it also give you an idea that how you’re performing in comparison in the niche.
You can get inspiration for new ideas to generate, new concepts to apply, and for new ways to steal competitors’ traffic. You can do it without shelling out money on different SEO tools to monitor competitors data. Using the below steps can help you analyze that competitors’ businesses.
- On which social media platforms are they appearing?
- What are their top pages and posts that are doing well?
- Is there any different new strategy you can apply?
- What are their content publishing speed?
- Are they growing through paid promotion and discounts?
Use Keyword Research Techniques
Keyword research helps you in determining which keyword bring eyes to your site and provides valuable insights to the queries that your ideal customers actually trying to search on Google.
Digging deeper into keyword research, first you need to make sure there is a market for the niche you’re going to write about.
The first step in conducting keyword research is to understand the searcher intent concept. By conducting keyword research you have to put yourself in your customers’ shoes. Just consider the search terms that your audience use to find what you have to offer them.
For example, If you are providing digital marketing services, your target keyword might be:
- Paid Ads
- Website Marketing
- SEO for website
- Email marketing, etc.
If you try to search each keyword on Google’s search bar, it will try to autofill your search tab with query they think is relevant to your seed keyword. Keep an eye on any matching suggestions. Remember, these suggestions fit your content in SEO frim, you can determine how mandatory these topics are to your audience and how many other subtopics you might need to cover in the content thread.
Use Online Research Tools
If your pocket doesn’t allows you to spell out money on a tight budget, here are some free keyword research tools you can experience for content optimization.
- Ahrefs Webmaster Tools – It provides marketers with a treasure of information including a keyword difficulty score, SERPs overviews, Tracking competitors businesses, and even keeping an eye on every single click per search.
- Google Search Console – It shows you that overall site’s performance in Google.
- Google Keyword Planner – It’s a keyword optimizing tool that helps you to research and analyze keywords for your site.
- Keywords Generator – A free tool for generating ideal keywords.
- Keyword Difficulty Checker – It provides a free basic keyword difficulty checker with volume for each suggested keyword.
Use Your Own Website
When you were looked through your website the last time to see if there are any topics you’re missing out.
Searching for new content ideas starts from home. You’ll be fascinated at how many content ideas are floating around your site.
Look at the questions, keywords, and search terms your customers couldn’t find easily on your site. You can observe that people are looking for ideas and concepts that you aren’t covering. Once you are able to deliver the required data to the site, then you can feast the customers to facilitate from it.
Social Listening Tips
- Catch & Respond to consumers pain points – The best way to figure out is to listen from your costumers directly to what they need. Solve their problems and identify the pain points on social, and use sentiments to asses the value to them.
- Find helpful User-Generated Content – User-Generated Content (UGC) refers to social media posts where people from all social networks share their thoughts and reviews about a product and service that are not sponsored and promoted posts. All these reviews, photos, posts with brand mentions that these posts are generated by people like you and I as a user. User -Generated Content is one of the best sources to drive more eyes to your site and convert them into ideal customers.
- Use Customer support to Improve Customers’ Feedback – A key reason businesses use is social listening to respond customers and get an idea of customers’ feedback, whether positive or negative. Responding to customers and help to solve their problems will represents you trustworthy in customer eyes, and increase audience confidence in your brand.
- Analyze and Learn from your Competition – It’s vital to keep an eye on your rivals. Experience and analyze their audience of what they are saying about your competitors, and how you can bridge that gap. Remember, you and your competitors are using same set of keywords, having same customers, and put the sets of similar posts on the server. To beat the competition, you need to design a marketing plan that is on par with or superior of what are they already doing.
Brainstorming your Ideas and Organizing your notes
Chances of brainstorming bring a lot of ideas, some of which might be complicated and complex and perhaps some of them may be a piece of cake that you can easily execute. Take the time to brainstorm your ideas and break down a bite-sized chunks of information.
Cross your eyes over ideas.
Are there any ideas that grab your attention? Are there any helpful strategies that stop, think, and reconsider? You might even brainstorm and find different topics in the keyword to discover. Various content keywords float over the internet, untouched.
Decide What Type of Content you will create
Before creating your content, decide what are your goals. The best way to do this is to let your mind what you want whether you want to generate more leads, share a story, provide insights, or simply build a bridge with your audience and be relevant to them.
Once you are aware of the goals you want, you can think about and the type of content becomes more easier to achieve them. Creating an email newsletter, downloadable resources, a blog post, and social media campaign could all be part of your content journey.
For instance, if you want to drive more eyes to your website you may need to generate more posts on the site. On the other hand, if you want to generate more leads and campaigns, publishing an eBook or webinar could be the better choice.
Create Helpful Content
Generating helpful content and asking customers to share it is the best way to add value both to you and your audience. Make sure every content materials fulfills your audience needs. It is a tremendous way that ensures your product success with target audience.
There are plenty of contents and services that actually “WOW” the readers. If its that good, the customers wouldn’t be able to resist or bookmark your content.
There are three proven methods you can utilize content to engage the readers and generate sales.
- Keep the audience’s need as your first priority and fulfill it to increase the trust level.
- Address objectives, Answer questions.
- Provide your product reviews to ensure the customer’s buying decisions.
Before the content is live on your site, dig a bit deeper and ask yourself. Did my content will add value to readers, Did my article teach my audience something new? Did my content enforce the readers to do something new, Did my content keeps the customers entertained and give them a meaningful direction?
Make sure your content is optimized to Drive Organic Traffic
Helpful content appears to people before search engines. However, this doesn’t mean that you should abandon your best SEO practices. You’ll still need to apply SEO to increase the likelihood that the audience will land on your site.
To optimize the relevancy and visibility of your content, it’s crucial to adhere to the best SEO practices. This means incorporating the relevant keywords through the various elements of the content including, meta tags, permalinks, image file name, meta description, copy, and Alt text.
By doing so, you will increase the chances of content being discovered by the right audience, with the right message, at the right time.